Re: Beer spews

From: Graeme P. Bell <mac_logo_at_aUM1alkU8RJNd2Ha_3ckK0FcvDQi8fkfRr6FvLXwKKRzIKzp_qY6JiKg1mvoNFcDjnz>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:58:09 -0000

Aah, alcohol snobbery.
In theory, beer is good, wine is good, spirits of all type are good, meads, ciders, perries, all good.It's just the execution that lets so many down. I know lots of folk who'll never drink any "lager", because they've sampled the "English" lager and now think all yellow, fizzy drinks are made from carbonated cat urine.

It was nearly rant over, then I saw this article: http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?id=4849E082-8AD8-4352- A9CE-B73E799CDCB9 And I thought "how interesting". Bollocks to that! They compared the Japanese whisky (which I have heard is indeed rather nice) to a grand total of three different malts (out of...500+) . Two of which are very much ordinary and Lagavulin, which I wouldn't use as lighter fuel, let alone drink.

Now if Nikka Yoichi had beaten off The Macallan 25YO, I would've been impressed.

Now do I finish of with "Bloody Canucks" or "Bloody Journalists"?

Both.
:)

Cheers, I'm off to the pub.

Grame