Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: Beer spews

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_M4RTaHek-vxinhJCYPnV6lrYesqZ4djQssBVWy4X-zStigF5dtm7geiNreRRE67KxKg4uF>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:59:36 +0100

Jane :

> >I know lots of folk who'll never drink any "lager",
> > because they've sampled the "English" lager and now
> > think all
> > yellow, fizzy drinks are made from carbonated cat
> > urine.
>
> I was under this misapprehension for many years.

Not surprising, as _good_ lager is VERY hard to find...

:-(

Strangely, two of my favourite lagers are Italian. Moretti ; and Peroni (provided it's the one brewed in Bari ; other versions are definitely of furry & whiskered origin).

> > . Two of which
> > are very much ordinary and Lagavulin, which I
> > wouldn't use as lighter fuel, let alone drink.
>
> Tastes differ.

Very much so when it's single malts involved, especially the more interesting ones.

Really can't stand Laphroaig or Islay meself ...

But I've yet to taste a single cask that I've disliked ... ;-)

> > Now if Nikka Yoichi had beaten off The Macallan
> > 25YO, I would've been impressed.
>
> Never tried it, but I'll take that as a recommendation
> next time someone else is buying.

It's overrated IMO, and too expensive ;
apart from that, it's not at all bad. :-)

Julian

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"