Re: [OpenHeroQuest] From HQrules list

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_pB1-lM6e19nUDTkXzIhfPAra1Mn122WtvcfbCeHg-bHSLf2MaYyEIr8SF1kU5G1y>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:41:56 -0800 (PST)

Fair point. Everything has a context. I'd be more specific, though, and give credit to the English. Even adopting those infrastructures, though, was not the act of an idiot mongrel.

> > Since you are from Northern Ireland, I'd
> > expect you to know of at least one massacre.
>
> The problem in northern Ireland stems from the
> English depriving the Irish of their land
> and work rights, NOT of engaging in campaigns
> of systematic genocide against them.

No, that's where the problem _started_. Since then, it has a momentum of its own, which is part of the problem today. People of, say, my brother-in-law's age dont' give a damn about those problems, while they still hold certain (so as not to say which side he's on) violent events and concommitant hatred close to their hearts.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing. http://photos.yahoo.com/