[OpenHeroQuest] Re: [HeroQuest-RPG] re. Return of the King

From: David Cake <dave_at_YiCpVazJBYr1GACHj6acWQYVB7dWTBA8Di90bFJ7CU7magkCoiIKk0SDMwjqv630gJnmdDn>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:13:49 +0800

> > Well, that's alright then. Both Ellen and I were astounded that
>he wasn't in
>> the theatrical release, but as someone said, the theatrical releases are
>> almost simply extended previews for the DVDs. :-(.
>
>Which is why i've decided not to watch RotK in theaters, and decided not to
>buy the dvd either.
	Well, bad luck. The DVDs are terrific.
	And personally, I think the theatrical releases are a
perfectly reasonable compromise, considering that most of the audience are not LOTR fanatics expecting things like the Mouth of Sauron, and considering the capacity of the average human bladder.

          I like the extended versions a lot, but I think of it as a 'DVD' cut, the longer versions appropriate for a more fanatic audience who can pause it for toilet breaks.

	Cheers
		 David (in Australia, where ROTK doesn't open until
Boxing Day, Roderick you spoiler spreader you)