Re: Impregnate my giant beaver!

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_Uz_52DPfF6uDPy41hAA9CguL3Zi_yJbd3Edjoyvm2PV5hLFLDv9BRunCL3-yF>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:29:47 -0000

Thanks for the thoughts!

Regarding the horse, I like Jane and Joerg's ideas (but not like that...). The horse is safe, then... if in rather compromising circumstances when found. It's an 'Agile Horse' (pretty much imposed upon him by group fiat when he was holding everyone up in the moors in the middle of Darkness season), and just pips the whippets in agility--only their Vile Incessant Yapping may allow them to confuse the horse long enough for whippet formation (...) and tail grabbing to ensue.

It would be fun if the crossbreeds did happen. They will probably be too distrought or lacking in communicatory skills to tell of their shame, and I may get away with it. Intimations of "Hey, your beaver's growing a little fat, Steve" (behave, you lot), followed by a secret pregnancy.

And hey, as Joerg and Jeff perceptively say, we could have Platypi Broo! Especially if both the Hueymakti's followers are impregnated. Then the resultant Duck Broo and the Beaver Broo run off and live together in the forest, happily ever after, and spawn the messianic Platypi Broo. Awwwww...

On a different note, speaking of Huorns and vegetable broo, I liked the idea of mineral broo in Kallikos #1. Hmmm, trained as a geologist, I reckon we needs more mineral broo...

GIANT BEAVERS
Jane:
> and where do you get one of them? my campaign needs one too!

IMG giant beavers originated in an early (and unfinished) draft of a Lunar duck auxiliary regiment I was playing about with. The Imperial Durulz Constabulary (Duke Euglyptus' Own Marsh Wardens), if I remember correctly. I never totally agreed with the idea that *all* ducks would be persecuted: surely if they are a cowardly, fractious bunch (as many say), they'd be the first to collaborate and adapt to the Lunar way? Besides, lisping ducks in togas muttering "Fwendsh, Woonars, Dwoolzh!" seemed fun.

I needed a war-mount for riverine customs patrols, and liked the idea of giant beaver mounted, riverbourne lancers. So I guess IMG they're local to the Creek-Stream River, in the stretch near the Wild Temple. The Hueymakti player needed a mount, and I suggested a giant otter or giant beaver...

Best,

Stu.