Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re-tread crappola

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_mlTRnHkKQY_AXgwg2BCHdjdw6TmH6sMlK-gda5VrTl4HT4Nblf0A01yco2-GkDvJ>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:14:40 -0800 (PST)

> There's a slight possibility that this might lead to
> acts of violent civil unrest on my part ...

At which point we trash you again. If that does not work, we'll go find your wife/girlfiend/sister/mother and trash her until you obey. Heck, we'll just kill her if you don't look out.

> > Then, the next day, he'll have to fetch our
> > beer and snacks for us. If he does, we'll
> > say that he tactily consented. If not, we'll
> > just thrash him again.
> >
> > I think that would test the theory adequately, eh?
>
> Hmmm ...
>
> It might test the theory, but do you really
> *want* to have beer poured over your head, and
> snacks smeared all over your smug, ugly faces ?

If you really want to receive parts of your relatives by mail, sure.

I really think you are underestimating the ability of brutal regimes to brutalize. As I just did above, they can always take it to the next level. E.g., Tiananmen Square. Saying that the victims tacitly consent makes them morally culpable for deciding not to waste their lives and those of people they love.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it! http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/