Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re-tread crappola

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_zaMm5Ee6ugLCAwhF6dV6zL9SiNLsd_8M4_BwNdLqXGuiOkJF_sIlm7C7aAMYK>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:46:01 +0000 (GMT)

er, hadn't that already happened in WWII? And to a lesser extent in N Ireland? And in the first Gulf War? And no doubt in many other places and times I'm not aware of?

> > > What are you suggesting changed on 11/9, other
> > than
> > > the Americans waking up to reality? The books
> > didn't,
>
> didn't what ?

Didn't change.

> > > the tendency of unpleasant regimes and
> individuals to be brutal didn't.
>
> why, who to, and what didn't it do ?

what it didn't do: It didn't change. It just continued.

"who to": anyone they can get their hands on, irrespective of the victims' relevance to the people being brutal, as far as I can can tell.

"why": not sure I understand your question.

You were suggesting that *something* had changed. As far as I can see, everything involved just continued as before.

> I understand that there is a high level of female
> thought processes
> that mere males are incapable of understanding
> without patient
> assistance (and I am being COMPLETELY
> non-sarcastic/non-ironic here,

Different people think different ways, quite apart from the gender gap. (And the gender gap is between "typical" males and females. I'm not convinced that anyone on this list is "typical" of anything. "Boring" and "normal" is NOT what we do!)

> > Though this
> > is after a beer and a curry and a long day,
>
> Hope you enjoyed them, and that the length wasn't
> that bad ... :-)

I did, and it wasn't, but my ability to communicate coherently has probably been down-graded nonetheless.

Jane Williams