Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re-tread crappola

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_Dt4lkU344QK73vu79L9UfKfbiylSyuvITgT_97qLqIatuGfyCUkhY56RwcD3X>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:29:25 +0000 (GMT)

> > > What are you suggesting changed on 11/9, other
> than
> > > the Americans waking up to reality? The books
> didn't,

> OK, syntax alert, but not where I thought it was,
> although to be fair your syntax suggests that the
> books didn't wake up to reality or didn't change,

Ah, I see what you mean. Guilty as charged. No, I'm not going to apologise for it.

> AKA posting_while_drunk_is_a_bad_idea syndrome.**

To *this* list, surely it's recommended?

> the evil geniuses
> in their evil secret underground hideouts were
> suddenly
> and shockingly revealed as having the actual power
> to engage in the kind of mass destruction that had
> hitherto been relegated to James Bond type
> fantasies.
>
> But I may be wrong ?

I think so. Because this just wasn't news. Except to some Americans, and it seems to some Monacans (is that how you spell them?)

> ** There are other extenuating circumstances
> but I won't bore you with them ; basically,
> my life is, currently, crappola.

This is a shame, but if you don't want to bore us with excessive details, I won't bore you with excessive sympathy. Have a virtual bottle of wine. Since it's virtual, and therefore cheap, I'll make it quite a nice Chardonnay. Australian, not French.

Jane Williams