[OpenHeroQuest] Re: Kill Bill

From: David Cake <dave_at_8oP-rCkmGzwEu4OLeB6lZZjwOOCV3ypc3ESLhRQIQzBU7mFAxCXEqRF-7pMbJIauNQLh4jy>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:26:17 +0800

At 2:45 AM +0000 6/2/04, reinierd wrote:
>PLEASE elaborate! Several friends have had positive reactions to this
>film, and they can't all be anime-warped psychotics with pedophilic
>tendencies, but I couldn't find a single redeeming thing in this
>film. And I like most of Tarantino's other stuff.
	I'm with Peter. It rocks.
	For a start, its absolutely loaded with references to old
Kung Fu films and other asian cinema, plus various other films, mostly 70s tv and film. If you are a fan of this stuff, that definitely adds to the experience.
http://www.hkflix.com/coupons/hkflix_03-10-10/ http://japattack.com/japattack/film/tarantino.html

        Like most Tarantino films, you have to appreciate it on one level as a film about parts of pop culture colliding with rawer depictions of the same themes. Or something like that.

	And it rocks.
	Which is to say that, although there might be a lot more to
the film than simply an action packed blood soaked revenge melodrama, Tarantino knows thats no excuse not to do the action right.
	Cheers
		David