Re: Last Samurai

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_6d2Xn3NQGmwMdlfYq9N8L1t9jiz5sf7IpmiGJ8UowcPqd1nTMqdS59G6k6I>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:49:34 -0000

> I also very much enjoyed the anime series on sale here as 'Samurai
X'. More
> Meiji Rebellion.
>
> It does make me wonder what the Japanese value as the greats. TI,
any
> suggestions?
>

> John

Hi John:

I can hardly call myself as our representive of this genre, and I am not great fan of Jidaigeki and japanese movie, what I can recommend are written, in Japanese. (So you might not be able to read them...)

I used some bit and pieces for my concept of Ebon City Terminators based on Ikenami Shotarow's Assassin Baian series...

http://www.mysteryguide.com/bkIkenamiAssassin.html http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF- 8&q=Shotaro+Ikenami&spell=1

He wrote many fine hard-boiled style Jidaigeki, though tastes can be varied even among us....

KentCave wrote a fine review for longest Fantasic Story of Tokugawa- Edo Era, Nannsou-satomi-Hakkenden.