Re: Dismembered Ducks

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_OcPGGDVnD4U8qJRkorbleE8zEuB_50wPxZUC2nrDvZ0b2MYMeLMsqNViC_jD7>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:31:48 -0000

Joerg:
> (And why just the innards - there is some old message about quite
> elongated duck penises...)

That's what all ducks say! Jokes on the small size of human (and troll? That's why they creep around in the dark so much: they're embarassed!) penises are perhaps the most common puns heard in many duck communities.

I'm certain that the priests doing the sacrificing would use all their (strictly limited) perspicacity and ingenuity to help their Gawd. Maybe there is an especial cult of wholly castrated, highvoiced  ducks who focus on this part of the myth? There would probably be some considerable rivalry with the main Loueydrili and Kuakti priesthood... and many drakes would pretend, with tight undergarments, just so that they could hang around the duck saunas at the Vapour Pits.

I seem to remember Peter saying that the Caladrans in close proximity to any volcanic durulz had naturally acquired a taste for duckmeat, perhaps duck jerky or biltong. The latter proving to be a nutritious, high-protein snack on war marches.

Thoughts of duck lower-region biltong have just given me a disturbing 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' moment... Certainly a 'delicacy' in areas of the Empire, methinks.

Cheerio,

Stu.