Re: LoTR - Arwench

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_EMwyBu__3MsH32irj_wxgls4Lm88aoLpXzG6NZfViVUB5ACX6xuMZKlFBdzpW_4a>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

She was great! Oh, wait, she's an actress? Well, she looked great!

Only a little more seriously, who was watching her for great acting moments? She's there to be the lusciously hot babe, er, I mean, "beautiful elven maiden." As long as she doesn't totally fumble her lines, all she has to do is keep her buck teeth covered to play the role perfectly.

To RRRRR's point, she's not the feminist token in the film. You've got Eowyn and Galadriel for that. She's a necessary prop to Aragron's epic, and is of the same importance as the sword or the ring (both of which were played admirably by inanimate objects, I might note -- perhaps a blow-up girl would have done better than Liv?).

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Domains – Claim yours for only $14.70/year http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer