Re: [ClosedHeroQuest] Conan the Cantankerous

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_r4iYbtzwv2DwOSXlZZTkgJqGm3tSAM7xPo2CSHaRAazSav1c20kaNAgR_OeCpBI7qkS>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 19:25:37 +1200

At 01:51 AM 5/21/04 -0400, you wrote:

>I really like some of the scenes in Conan, the resurrection bit, the nailed
>to a tree bit, but they do not tell the same story about the same
>barbarian as
> REH.
But REH did have Conan crucified at one point ("A Witch Shall Be Born"). The only difference was that the movie didn't use nails. When I got my hands on a collection of Conan stories, I was surprised at how much was in the movie (for example, "The Tower of the Elephant" becomes the Tower of the Snake-cult in the movie).

--Peter Metcalfe