Re: [ClosedHeroQuest] Re: LotR - sigh

From: Moah, platypus powaaa! <moah_at_l4AHsjADfxQNEwm_Z7Df0DBbT6nP0u5by3SFosmF74QtGC4IiUIepWWMPVe8Wq9qH0jMMNU>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:51:03 +0200

Chris Lemens wrote:

> What, you thought the version with Sting was better?

Actually, I did, but independantly from that, I thought the miniseries was just plain awful. Acting sucked, decors sucked, the worm baby looked like a vacuum cleaner pipe in the ceremony. I think the only good thing I could find about it was that i could change channel. I personally considered sticking pins under my nails more fun than watching  that horror of a TV show.

> It seemed a lot closer to the book. The acting could
> not have been worse than the movie, such being
> impossible. Special effects were OK, since they were
> not really the point of the book anyway.

I can't remember how close either of them are to the book, as my memory sucks and I don't remember the books so well. I did find the Lynch movie better, but I think the suckage of the mini series doesn't need any comparison  to shine on its own.

> What's your beef with it?

I think I wouldn't mind it so much if many people didn't insist on the fact it's actually good. To me, it's about as good as getting your limbs chopped, getting the wound infected and catching some terrible disease that will let you suffer for the rest of your (shortened) life.

Moah, platypus powaaa!