A Special Kind of Stupid

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_D_TPFgkyQmKwpdxO7P33mQvf-ikk2JvI0VfrZPx61uz_izUQQiADLYHQgV6LNZIwc8t>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:12:17 -0700

Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_nMD13XK1OZEdKTvb5ylqIdl3CNnRkzH_-HzHQQrkEBIZjqc9ARNX7Qn3wqKvDtSJa5lFFG6Ro1Vmfs1wIl4Ymw.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>> From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_sqX3xhMEtdZ36En5gpZ9hUqR9BCw-9zBS9CSHpIZSA4RT9mF9pvXm919QtKYyHMZx1gnEalpAzOjll_K.yahoo.invalid>
>
>> Well, the rest of what I wrote holds true for HeroQuest, as it does
>> for Glorantha.
>
> Yes, MGF, and YGMV. I don't employ those two rules. If people want to
> know why mail me directly, it's not really pertinent to this list.

I refuse to roll dice when I play RPGs. If people want to know why mail me directly, it's not really pertinent to this list.

I do insist, however, that people on this list explain to me how I can resolve extended contests without rolling dice. It seems to me a serious weakness of Glorantha-based HQ that it assumes people are willing to roll dice.