Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Are we geeks?

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_YpJz3ydBkEqEFJmuFuzXxMWfPi86KmDXCVQgpy_5YFeJPrRZXuT-2hbdL8YwnZPKLAuV>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:44:58 -0500

David Cake wrote:

> At 10:25 PM +0000 28/7/04, jeffrichard68 wrote:
> >My score: 22.48521% - Geek
> >
> >Damn those roleplaying games and movies (not to mention having read
> >Russian literature for the hell of it)!
>
> I felt the things that dragged me down were my general apathy
> towards Star Trek (if only Dr Who was an acceptable substitute, or
> the various works of Joss Wheddon), not being from the US and thus
> missing out on some cultural specifics (AV Club? marching bands?),
> and not actually being all that socially inept.

AV = "Audio-Visual", that is, the students who set up and maintain the projectors and VCRs for classrooms. Marching Bands: musical students who play at football games, mostly drums, brass, and woodwinds. They also play in a lot of public parades, too. The ability to walk in formation while playing is crucial. Here's one I pulled up at random on a Google search: http://www.garfieldbulldogsalumni.com/GHSband.htm

As for Star Trek, I feel a subsitution of Dr. Who or the various Whedon projects would be entirely acceptable.

Guy (Hoyle)