Re: Terrible analogies

From: jorganos <joe_at_heZkEGHZfUKZwSpCsZtQFmzkD-EZzZVq2YB563QCubsTsFFQE6akeiztCct025p__hdUifM.>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:16:54 -0000

Finland in winter is usually colder than the Far Place, but the darkness from Far Point cloud cover is a point to your favour.

My image of Bluefoot forests is a lot less subarctic, however, a tangle of vines, moss, and crooked trees. Some of the Kalevala-inspired pieces fit (but then parts of the kalevala may have been set in Estland, too, which seems to have less subarctic forests.)

Snake Pipe Hollow ought to feature Bartok as background music, for the Sharl Plain I'd suggest Mahler.

If you go for contemporal music, the original pieces of Apocalyptica (four Finnish cellist famous for covering Metallica) go some way in the right direction.