Re: All over the Place really...

From: jorganos <joe_at_S6lFEE1n6NIufNdkptwhlA2Y95acA7OhBgjthwS1S5xLSUtoIy1id79n9mf6hplCzvDVLPg.>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:57:39 -0000

>> Finland in winter is usually colder than the Far Place, but the >> darkness from Far Point cloud cover is a point to your favour.

> Let's face it, Finland in winter is usually colder than just about
> anywhere -wondering if the Canuks on the list will get all
> defensive. :)

Do you mean those softies living as "far north" as London or Paris? Bacharach is as far north as Montreal, for instance.

>>My image of Bluefoot forests is a lot less subarctic, however, a
>>tangle of vines, moss, and crooked trees. Some of the
>>Kalevala-inspired pieces fit (but then parts of the kalevala may have
>>been set in Estland, too, which seems to have less subarctic forests.)

> You're getting serious, which is a (ahem) serious breach of list
> protocol. :).

Nope. I was getting irrelevant, which is fine here.

> Less Subarctic certainly. Vines aren't a big part of my
> vision - its giganticism and Darkness vegetation from Dagori Inkarth
> that give it its extra crunchy flavour -

> http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/florafauna.html

After some exposure to neolithic landscape just this weekend (visited an archaeological center near some megalith barrows where the landscape is allowed to revert to neolithic forms), I say that some vines are a must for the "enchanted" parts of the forests. Those, and farns dripping in the constant rain...

>>If you go for contemporal music, the original pieces of Apocalyptica
>>(four Finnish cellist famous for covering Metallica) go some way in
>>the right direction.

> Waaaah!

Glad you liked it...