RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] The Vision Thing: Perrenial Questions and Inconsistent Answers

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_76fnS-LdINPQabpG8fzseoadfVtdr9fRopfJurkcFSY9I9gUsv2YnEOekbGg4>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:16:28 +0100

> Jumping from a topic on the HQ list, what are some of the perennial
> Gloranthan questions/mysteries/inscrutables that return to haunt us,
> either because there is no clear answer, because the answer
> has changed,
> or because the answer hasn't changed but there are two of
> them anyway.?

Another one came back from the past the other day - apparently in some circles Vinga is still Orlanth's sister, not daughter. (shrugs) Fine by me. Y clan myths MV.

And on the subject of that "Y" bloke, I was told quite recently that Elmal is NOT a cognate, was NEVER a member of the fire tribe, and cannot possibly ever have had anything to do with the HoG at all, no, not even in that clan over there that have Got It Wrong.

I can only say "whaaa...???"

Do ducks have teeth?

Do they lay eggs?

Did they ever live at Duck Point?

Trollkin breeding rates - zero, so high as to swarm, or something in between?

What's the colour of Agimori skin, red or black?

Objectivism. Say no more. (Please).

Orlanth is the boss, and he has his wife's permission to say so.

Bloodlines are exogamous (Yelmic all). Clans are exogamous (Orlanthi/Lunar all).

Wasn't there a question about Moose once?

The long-nose tribe - elephants, or not?