RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] The Red Star

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_Gu4L9eC3rpr7e2yKJVwACTyu8zt9929WWFAFig_GQLDV6rndOuO_M2BGWPslTN2ufzZdmWu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:40:07 +0100

Tim,

> Not desperately on topic on most gloranthan lists, but IHQ
> doesn't care. Just spotted this on the list of new releases
> in UK games shops this week, and recalled that Nick Brooke
> was extolling the virtues of the comic that this was based on
> at Scotscon (and probably elsewhere too)

Thanks for the reminder! I'll be getting my copy ASAP.

(And who could possibly resist the lure of the U.R.S.S.'s sky-furnaces and military-industrial sorceresses? Just remember that there are *no conceivable* Gloranthan parallels for this scientific-sorcerous take on the Soviet Union -- forget the moonboats, skyburns, state-sponsored military sorcerous schools, etc. -- and all will be well. It's getting harder now the otherworld is playing a larger part in the heroes' quest, but I can just about manage...).

http://www.theredstar.com
http://www.greenronin.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=1406

Oh, and there's a third collection just out, too: "Prison of Souls"

http://tinyurl.com/4u5hk (theredstar)
http://tinyurl.com/6xl4d (amazon.co.uk)
http://tinyurl.com/44lxf (amazon.com)

The Management accepts no responsibility whatsoever...

Cheers, Nick