Leningrad Cowboys News

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at__nySuHA3-pRg_c1WziIMnxku4pNzJuGD2Wl9gv5o9DG04Bkr6q5xOZzTgpxrQ2Y5EajaMc9>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:13:56 -0000

Speaking of Soviet militarism, all fans of quality world music will be delighted to know that the "Total Balalaika Show" (the 1993 concert which saw the Leningrad Cowboys and the Red Army Ensemble playing to an audience of 70,000 in the centre of Helsinki) is now out on DVD:

http://www.leninimports.com/leningradc4.html#lcfidvdtbs2004

NB: this edition doesn't (alas) have their version of "We All Live On A Yellow Submarine" (inc. a chorus of hornpipe-dancing ex-Soviet sailors), but nobody's perfect.

Also available: their 10th anniversary "Global Balalaika Show" (the Leningrad Cowboys playing with the Red Army Air Force Ensemble). I haven't yet seen this, but that'll change s o o n !!!

http://www.leninimports.com/leningradc4.html#lcgbsdvd

NB: these guys are musical gods, up there with the Kipper Family in my musical firmament. Here's Henry's boy Sid's website:

http://www.sidkipper.co.uk/

And now, back to ImmoderateHeroQuest...

Cheers, Nick