RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: New Issaries, Inc. policy?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_4uHeBNa89SvjpA-gSotxIC3hSHbTkdEx3jJyJT94t5n0KO0iBqHsUUCSZQXeoHZpKBIopDX>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:56:13 -0000

>> Yeah, but did you recognise my source?

> Nope. I recognised the style as being too lucid and coherent
> to have come from an American lawyer, but no more.

It's the (justly infamous) 1994 TSR online policy, with a *very* slight respray. (The TSR grab was a previous low point for RPG publishers' contempt for that thar Intarweb thingie, only matched by White Wolf ("Hey, Net Punk!").

TSR vs. the Internet archive:
http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~jimv/debate.html

Hey, Net Punk!
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.frp.misc/msg/9d721288d5f62 8f5

TSR/Wizards have come a *long* way since then, of course. But I still have a soft spot for their old Code of Ethics (presented here alongside its spiritual ancestors):

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/alex/rec.games.frp.dnd/TSR-Ethics
http://www.artsreformation.com/a001/hays-code.html
http://www.comics.dm.net/codetext.htm

Cheers, Nick