Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Why...

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_zz-_9agWqvoOVS84LwoeAbdXar98-j-2L-KLqFmKUu00Jtqs6RR76PVNgrU4dL57Wzt70Q>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:52:48 +0200

Jeff Richard wrote:

>>>You're being asked to sign away all your rights upfront.
>>>

>>As the editor of a Glorantha fanzine, I am expected to sign away
>>

>all
>

>>my _contributors' rights_ upfront. Given that I do not own those
>>rights, this is an impossible expectation to fulfil, even if I
>>

>felt
>

>>that it were morally acceptable to just rip off all their hard
>>

>work
>

>>and send it to Greg (for free). Which I don't.
>>

>That's an untenable reading of the "concept use" clause - and I'm
>really tired of that bogus reading being used over and over and over
>again.

Nonsense, the policy specifically states that anything I wanted to publish should be first presented as a submission to Issaries. This has nothing to do with "concept use", which is a separate issue.

Anyway, I cannot publish a Gloranthan fanzine in France in these circumstances without breaking the law, either French or US, so there you go. I won't bore you with the details.