Re: Digest Number 385

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_f9-6gX5VAMVmE-jz2p7TzfTNX4RsEFv1hhVKMdKKlRiC3ID5TpyI5VgxqmlxBC5QqKSe>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:55:17 -0000

> Notice my caveat. Now look at things like Thunder Rising, where
the GOOD
> scenarios, the ones that make you go "wow"!, are the ones that were
> produced by fans, made available by fans on their web sites, and
simply
> printed by Issaries.

I'm not a huge scenario fan and very rarely use them. Only ones I am likely to use are from Orlanth is Dead (Iceland) and Gathering Thunder (the Boat Rising).

> I'm thinking in particular of the carelessness of the Bat at WW
date
> (yes, now corrected in errata but they still get it wrong in new
works!)

Although frustrating (because we did the WW stuff), it isn't that big of a deal. Should have been caught in editing, but then again, I see books with screwed up dates as well.

> and on a much larger scale, dropping the entire Fimbulwinter into a
> Glorantha that had previously not noticed such an event. And
without
> explaining how campaigns set anywhere other than clan-based Sartar
were
> supposed to handle it. Yes, it would affect Prax. How? What are
existing
> campaigns supposed to do about it?

Personally, I really like the Fimbulwinter and thought it was an improvement on CHDP. My advice is just work into your non-Sartar campaigns however you want.

Jeff

Jeff