Re: Hamsters

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_PvZibbMACkjZUXdrr1270OwAuBrsNDQTODe10yccMI-yD_2EdLj9UJujnlmWYK0Fh5py>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:18:23 -0000

> Because there is a difference between the sound a
> letter makes, and its name. The letter "zed" makes the
> sound "zee". (Or more likely, "zeh", in most cases I
> can think of.)

"Zed" just sounds silly and inconsistent with the pronounciation of other letters (or do you pronounce "b" as "bed", "c" ans "ced" and so on?). It also confuses things with your inexplicable use of "zed" instead of "zero".

I really don't think we need any instruction on pronounciation of words from a people who think "Reading" is pronounced "redding", "Worchester" is pronounced "wooster", and "Leicester" is pronounced "lester".

Jeff