Amerikan Speeling

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_CWIpijw2WEYyFZ9_5SGCpM22UDZFSpmGUOc6RepUYaV4xyoLJorXlv6x334mXCcH>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:58:49 +1000

Gedday. Brace yourself. (That was the foreplay)

from the WOT MADE AMERIKA GRATE Department...

American Spelling? A mere shibboleth of linguistic nationalism, and an early (successful) example of the American soviet's social engineering in action. That smug little plagiarist and failed lawyer Noah Webster didn't base his American Dictionary on real people, real speech or spelling as it was wrote of course, (at least the bits he didn't steal) but on a a deep, deep need to be different from the Brits.

(Well that at least I can understand). :)

So every time I see 'color', 'lite', 'armor' or gasp, 'organize' I think of Stalin. (And reach for my Oxford).

But the seppos love him, especially the apple pie fundo crowd. After all, the dictionary was dedicated to god. (And I'm guessing he wasn't thinking of Shiva.) It defined 'Democrat' as a "a person who attempts an undue opposition or influence over government by means of private clubs, secret intrigues, or by public popular meetings which are extraneous to the Constitution". A Republican, by contrast, was a "[friend] of our representative Governments."

That would be the Illuminati, apparently. I'd have to ask Rummy.

Webster went on to produced a censored version of the Bible, where, among other things, testicles became 'peculiar members' and female genitalia and womby-bits were expunged completely.

Was it good for you?

John

(Practicing his Boatwrong ranting, but am hampered by a rudimentary
knowledge of spelling and grammar, and more generally by being Oztralian. Bugger.)