Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Amerikan Speeling

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_jJ8A39kDQvtUCWDoa66BYp6lb3PqANN5oXIh1UN6ZsexdjEyOlNtnPW3AXtNVKn6fRl>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:23:25 +1200

At 01:02 AM 4/7/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>I believe Webster's version is the same. BTW, I am curious which
>translation Peter is quoting (not that I doubt the accuracy of the
>translation - I'm just curious which version people are using).

A useful url is http://bible.crosswalk.com which offers online versions of different translations.

American Standard:

         And she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the
         flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Douay Rheims

         And she was mad with lust after lying with them whose flesh
         is as the flesh of asses: and whose issue as the issue of horses.

God's Word

         She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of
         donkeys and whose semen was like that of horses.

Good News

         She was filled with lust for oversexed men who had all the
         lustfulness of donkeys or stallions.

Holman Christian Standard

         and lusted after their lovers, whose sexual members were
         like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of
         stallions.

King James:

         For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the
         flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

New American Standard

         "She lusted after their paramours, whose flesh is {like} the
         flesh of donkeys and whose issue is {like} the issue of horses.

New Century

         She wanted men who behaved like animals in their sexual desire.

New King James

         For she lusted for her paramours, Whose flesh is like the flesh
         of donkeys, And whose issue is like the issue of horses.

New Living Translation

         She lusted after lovers whose attentions were gross and bestial.

New Revised Standard

         and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like
         those of donkeys, and whose emission was like that of stallions

Revised Standard Version

         and doted upon her paramours there, whose members were like those
         of asses, and whose issue was like that of horses.

Third Millenium

         For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh
         of asses and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

World English:

         She doted on their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of
         donkeys, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

--Peter Metcalfe