Cockney

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_UWMoc9u152P1Osrof9FHylj3n8GT_Yv0BmGgD_I3F1aBpU-CcIqfSc4opyt76h6Z>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:35:03 +1000

>I applaud Dick van Dyke for massacring the cockney accent, showing
>it the disrespect it deserves. I'll not hear a bad word said about
>Dick and Barry van Dyke, stalwart thespians of the televisual arts.

And who can forget that (classist) classic of our times, the Jacksonian Lord of the Rings, with its wooden-it-be-lurveley cockney orcs.

(Not to mention the Maori uruk hai and uniformly degenerate furrners.)

True to the original. Not so much about saving the universe as maintaining (rural) middle class male sensibility.

Cheers

John