Re: Cwim

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_RET7LRUd5wW2IpH7U1VhMVsJGu553z-CfSeWlzg4geHudgDDqr4veNpHt2W1J>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:10:46 -0000

Jane:
> So isn't it good to know that Stu's contributions have always been
serious
> and scholarly, despite this temptation ? :)

Heh, I am attempting to polish off a few 'serious' pieces at the moment, and finding it jolly hard work! :)

I'm pretty serious about Caladraland as a place (Machinospheres not withstanding), with my background 'n all. Though I must state that I am convinced that the original Pharaoh that came to form the Holy Country those many moons ago *was* Doug McClure, and he swam ashore at the Right Arm Islands after escaping from a stricken German U-

Cheerio,

Stu.

P.S. Neither Greg nor Steve knew who Doug McClure was, which kind of got to a dyed-in-the-wool McClurian like myself. Sure we Brits tend to pigeonhole him for his Amicus 'Lost World' trilogy (and 'Warlords of Atlantis'), perennials of our TV schedules, but there are always his Westerns and, of course, 'The Simpsons'. I encourage all to embrace his artistic output.