A Durulz Paean to the Golden Age

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_GAZ9vZVBdH_Y55RubAF4Cim0q4p9YI4NaQdFTosI7ZfQSt6rc3LU1oBwKNwb2>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:13:11 -0000

Broken Wings: A Durulz Paean to the Golden Age

(To 'Broken Wings', by Mr. Mister)

Duckie, don't understand, why we can't just take each others' four fingered hands
This time might be our last, I quack, unless we take it all back, I need you soooooh... oh-o-ohhhhhh...

Chorus:
Take these broken wings, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free
And when our warrrrrrrrrr-blin' voices sing, the Gates of Dawn will open up and let us in

Take these broken weeeeeeeeeeeeeeengs

Duckie, in the Hero Wars, we can rewrite the wrong and once more soar, mmmmmmmmmmmm-ummm
Duckie, it's all I know, that you're half of the feathers And bill that make me who-oo-o-ohhhle, I need you sohhhh... So...

Take these broken wings, and learn to fly again, Learn to live life so free
And when our warrrrrrrrr-blin' voices sing, the Gates of Dawn will open up
and let us in, yeah yeah,
Let us ihhhhhhhhhhhhhhn...
Let us i-ih-ihhhhhhhhhhhhn...

Duckie, it's all I know, that you're half of the feathers And bill that makes me whole, yeah yeah yeahhhhh, yeahhhh yeahhhh...  So

Chorus:
Take these broken wings, and learn to fly again, Learn to live so free
And when our warrrrrrrrrrrrr-blin' voices sing The Gates of Dawn will open up and let us in

<half-hearted falsetto> Take </half-hearted falsetto> these broken wings,
you've got to learn to fly
Learn to live and love so free
And when our warrrrrrrrrrrr-blin' voices sing The Gates of Dawn will open up for us and let us in, yehhhhh yeahhhhh Yehhhhh yeahhhhhh, oo-oo-oo-oooooh (fade)

Coming soon: everyone's favourite Yanafal Tarnils and Danfive Xaron orphan-napping anthem, 'Waiting For A Girl Like You', by Foreigner.