RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Gimme the Dirt

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_dGj9rt_DNiXCsAZTFoLse9i_-iQCDNpd5fviUN1j_mbjmecaUmQl8jthyqoS0>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:41:40 +0100

> I'm not sure if I ever knew how Stephen Martin came to be associated
> with Issaries, let alone to become the one and only employee of the
> company. The first I ever recall hearing about him was when
> Hero Wars ws in publication.

He's been writing Gloranthan stuff for ages. Produced the "Drastic" series - the original Resolutions/Chaos thing, then Prax and Darkness. And other things, but that's probably the best-known. A quick look through the book-shelf - he's got a story in Enclosure (July 1997) based on the analysis he and Joerg and I had been doing on KoS and the various Argraths. Lots of work on the Hill of Gold, and variants.

I suspect his being employed by Issaries was to do with him being geographically close to Greg, and being unemployed, so having the time, and being willing to accept the pittance of a wage. But I'm not sure.