RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_GRe-CmbdDUvUm4SZxGyqhWxicXJP7TDq8NhvBtjzwfyGLe4F6gmpKeqmqmniy>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:17:27 -0000

> Aha... you mean, Lunars AREN'T like Romans?

"Until you need details" was my definition, and yes, until you need details, they are. Big empire, invaded "us", wear red, trying to wipe out our national religion. Has a much more organised army than we do. Have things called "taxes" that make no sense. You tend to meet individuals on the way back from hunting wild boar, and beat them up...

It sounds like these Ancient Persians are something like the Lunars, in some way or other? There, that's increased my knowledge of them by about 100%. Weren't they one of the lot Alexander beat up? Had some troops called "Immortals", who weren't? Can't say I see any parallels with the Lunars there.