Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Labrygon_at_Imo4_E7D4cKi83uqgyV77q901YIiJIa_UzFF8kA3riw2M0BBTvTrkKkizNjlh8VK1IX
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 05:17:31 EST

In a message dated 16/12/2005 8:28:53 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time, janewilliams20_at_O9DSdbiWpUM9I8-7WDXgRknJi9mnAsayQmza-cZhgIRjmKDjLTFzVtSLuvwt-mAF1NLQMECTjhLnaE23AvDPTQFW.yahoo.invalid writes:

> ONLY important thing about the Lunars in-game, is that they invaded and
> occupied Sartar. Which is Ancient Britain/Gaul, with a few Norse/Viking bits
> of vocab for those who can't pronounce Celtic languages.

I've got to disagree with this, especially as this is the point of immoderate list. The things that are important about the Lunars depend on your game. If it's 9th Century Pavis, they are Blue Moon cultists who babble about an invisible moon, if 13th Century Carmania they are the followers of the Rebellious New Queendom. If 14th Century Balazar, they are just another name for lowland Pelorians , if 17th Century Pavis they are the 7th Cavalry with John Wayne as a Sable Rider.

The Red Emperor is Vegas period Elvis.
Argrath looks like a 70's football player. Balazar is a lot like Pellucidar.
Mostali are like gamers - bearded, anti-social, obsessives who do not like going out doors and do not have healthy diets. The watchdog of Corflu was based on Mikey from Monsters Inc. (OK this is supposition rather than analogy)
Gonn Orta can be accurately portrayed by using a real human with 25mm adventurers.
The Valley of the Beasts- hey! it's Narnia! Kingdom of Ignorance - check out the TV series Monkey! for ideas and the Water Margin.

Keith