Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Pork Scratchings -- Lunar or Heortling?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_GgUG0ctaK_gnD6DmzG4iC1yNGK8atZ8G-F9OlkCmB_B7qUtLpi0LdXm99UiYv>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:45:28 +0000 (GMT)

> Sorry Trotsky, but I'll have none of that Western
> nonsense. And
> methinks they're not big in Teshnos.
>
> http://www.porkscratchingworld.com/
> http://www.hairybarsnacks.com/
> http://www.freshersfoods.co.uk/history.htm

Ooh, nice links...

This might be better addressed to the GloranthaCookery list, but let's give it a go.

To start with, they've got to be from somewhere that has pigs. Balazar is the obvious choice, but there are plenty of pigs in Sartar, too - just ask the Antorling clan!

They're from somewhere that enjoys crude, fatty, unhealthy (but delicious) food.

And they're probably from somewhere that doesn't waste any bit of an animal.

I've never tried making them myself, but the process described down those links looks simple enough. You could do that over a fire without too much trouble.

Oh, and they go well with scrumpy.

I'd say they're Heortling, myself. Like most good things :)