Re: Official vs Fan Material and Publication Dates

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_7YMpnK6SsUkRrmb0Oz1oUAaRXib4okDgWaHrq0ZfdUnGEg12qpwHUvO5YEIa2>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 18:35:02 -0000

I was looking through me books, trying to work out what was fair game, and hadn't been usurped/done by anyone else, in whatever form/venue (especially by Simon B. -- I've noticed he picks off such vulnerable victims like some ruthless waghalter).

I was drawing a blank until I saw Gharkor. Bloody GHARKOR! Sounded good at any rate, even though I had no idea what it were. Looking further, I found out that it was inhabited by the Woolly-bloody- Rhinoceros-Men!

How smart is that? Woolly rhinoceros hsunchen. I'm sold.

And then you've got the wolverine-people, and the Uncolings (I'm really surprised the Finns haven't done this already... actually, they probably have). Who obviously live in YURTS. Think of all the Byzantine intrigues you can have in their moving yurt-cities on the tundra of Porent? If you can make a whole bloody campaign out of Balazarings, why not on the plains of Tastolar?

Obviously, I've no idea what Jamie's doing with the West, or what the focus will be. But you've got elves in Winterwood, the Kingdom of War, Loskalm, nymphoid lesbians in Zoria, a chaos swamp, Valind's Glacier, an enclave of Third Eye Blue folk, Rathorela, the Yggites... and, best of all...

BLOODY GROTARONS! You could even search for the Lost Graveyard of the invisible/imaginary mountain-hopping spirit sabre-toothed mammoths.

The place is absolutely packed. I think ImmoderateHeroQuest should baggsy it. All facetiousness aside, I'm intrigued.

Cheerio,

Stu.