Re: Seven questions that Greg won't answer

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_DfttcDp-lUDGlHDmirMg47q9qKEWhHUqDPLAfPCTZrzYRyrycC4DbjT5C-9PK>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:06:27 -0000

And this is why we can all breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that the horrible, nasty, business side of things, that no-one wants to do and most of us are crap at, is in the hands of someone who quite obviously does know how to do it and presumably wants to. This will make a nice change.

Hang on, what am I doing complimenting people on *this* list???

Rick, you're out of your mind. Masochistic, obviously. Unless it's some cunning plan to take over this wildly successful money-spinner that's made everyone involved a millionaire and milk it before dropping it.... ??? no, that would be further evidence of insanity.

> 4. The GTA is closed and no longer accepts donations.

Although there *is* a thing called "Friends of Glorantha" or something like that, which I believe involves giving Greg money in exchange for a preview of his novel-writing. And if people want to give him money, why not?

> 6. Moon Design is working with Greg to prioritze writing the
> Glorantha material fans want the most and soonest. He will
> get paid for writing what is requested, and he is looking
> forward to the steady income.

Paid? And paid enough to call it an income??? BH, you *are* turning this into a real business, aren't you?

> What have you ever written?

We keep asking that question. Come on. Even if it's only a cameo. A write-up of a game. I'll even put it on-line for you. I'll do the copy-editing. Write something!

> 7. The Grand Argrath campaign is in the works. We have found
> what we believe is the best way to get the rest of the
> story arc published.

Great!

> Communication, Cooperation and Compromise are just
> as applicable here as in most other things in life.

Sounds good. Especially the Communication bit.

> For Boaty,
> I would probably add "Copy Editing" for his posts as well.

Be fair, he's not the only one who has grammar/spelling trouble. It's just that the rest make up for it by providing creativity...

> As for seeing actual output, I have kept rather quiet on that
> topic, mainly because it is so easy to promise too much and then
> deliver too little. All I'll say for now is that 2006 will be
> a banner year, and the floodgates will open soon.

Sounds good. And given my current financial state, a delay is fine!