Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Digest Number 507

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_kMCl4FNeLD3_wrzffkcf1gr0koC0NuqVQBzATWUdoeeTVXFQuspuwopRzupFb>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:34:51 +0100 (BST)

Apparently people like to have things officially writen up, as official scenarios. I've never understood why, either.

> Good god, people, buy a copy of KoS,
> and WBRM/Dragon Pass, AND DO IT YOURSELF!!

And we do, and we exchange ideas, and we put the combined result (better than a solo one) on a web-site somewhere so everyone can use it, and then someone else decides maybe a hard-copy would be good... and the original ideas go into a black hole for years, and the hard-copy doesn't happen. Yet. The ideas heading in its direction may well be good, but because they're trapped on the treacle-powered production line of "Official" and "hard-copy", they're lost to everyone. Let's hope Rick and friends can reduce the treacle level and whip the snails.

> (That should get in the minimum level of invective
> for this list. I
> don't want to be banned for excessively good manners
> :-)

Of course not!

> Besides, that cannot really be written as a
> scenario, it needs to be a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE

I prefer fiction - the pictures are better. Just close your eyes and look at them.

> Frankly, I need to have more Lunar Empire stuff
> written up so that I
> can figure out who will be the fifth columnists that
> support Argrath
> (the Argraths?) when he (they?) leads (lead) the
> first attacks into the
> former heortling Lunar Provinces,

well make it up, then!

> or when the Lodrilli support him (I
> think after he retrieved Sheng Seleris, though, so
> that might be TOO
> easy to explain: "Obey Argrath, or Sheng Seleris,
> who will still kill me at random, which do I
chose?").

The closest one, I'd say.

> Of course, who can? There was an interesting
> article referenced on the
> RQ-Rules list
> (http://gmskarka.livejournal.com/141431.html) that
> claims
> that the whole paper and pen gaming "industry" is
> Doomed! Doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

A quick skim of the article suggests that the on-line side of it is fine, so why worry?

> He is from California, therefore calling him a flake
> is grammatically redundant.

There are people from California who are not flakes. I think I met one once. Of course it depends on what you mean by the word, it's a bit culturally dependent. Could you define your insult in more depth, please? :)