Re: Collectors are idiots.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_l4Ewa4tzppe2xQVklPRs1JheMRMiOTwoqJt_SZkFRAcO2H-zD6kEfpvlJD2kOhvaca7TS>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:51:58 -0700

>*sycophant warning - the following post may make you violently sick*
>
>I played in Gregs Pendragon game at Tentacles and got him to
>autograph my character sheet, and you know what its the only
>autgraph I have, and I am dead chuffed to have it. I was staggered
>at how nice he was, and I have been generally staggered by the
>warmness and friendliness of people I have met at conventions.

*One-upmanship and name-dropping warning...

I still have my character sheet from the Pendragon pre-publication playtest at Dundracon back in '83. Not autographed, but then, I don't bother with that nonsense (While Greg has autographed a number of things for me, I've never *asked* for it...)

I *don't* have my character sheet from the Trollball playtest at DDC '79.

Of course, I'm jaded - I'm on the DDC Corporation with Steve Perrin and (until this past March) Steve Henderson (take a look at the credits for RQ1&2), hang out with Greg, hang out with various world-class musicians, jugglers and clowns... Celebrity has little hold on me (Okay, there are *some* people I'd like to meet and might be awestruck by, but certainly not in the Game industy...

Collectors are still idiots. Those that collect autographs are even worse.

RR
C'est par mon ordre et pour le bien de l'Etat que le porteur du présent a fait ce qu'il a fait.
- Richelieu