WM

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at__YVX7qudS7g7m1tO_SUrZJxAAsC9GLpHKUyiS9-8R6pKNjjCwrRtL8_HRM5Hm61XKx7cI>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:01:12 +0200

Oh I'll answer this too. In my day we didn't play this footie thing. It became a bit popular a few years after my time, but mostly among the girls. After several years some people really tried to make it known, but it remained a girlie game. A couple years ago I actually saw adult men behind the house where I grew up who were playing your football. I watched for a few minutes to make sure it wasn't something else, but that's what it was. It did occur to me that they might be a group of foreigners living in the area, or some such thing. But it was a surprise to me. Of course, it'll be common there in a few years when the population becomes 90% Mexican-derived, but that's alright then. Why hasn't rugby become popular everywhere? That's a sport, the way I see it. Daniel

  From: Chris Lemens

  Sam Elliot:

> Why don't you all go watch the World Cup?

  It's not a real sport. Put six big guys on ice, give them sticks, and tell them to hit each other: that's a sport! (Thanks Canada!) Football appears to be for wussies who fall down crying when they stub their big toes. I can see why it appeals to the French.

  I didn't know "Elliot" was a French name.

  Chris Lemens
  =====Messages from Chris========

  1. Not an ad: If you have a little extra money to donate to a good cause, check out http://www.modestneeds.org/.
  2. I use Plaxo. Add me to your address book with https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=409693&v0=813637&k0=1031037015&v1=813638&k1=234226739.