Re: Convention fundraisers

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_hgT442QDxkHFp7tLg2y8JXcgKGATozGLBU5nID7j2PrTDOe7Kf0yEtCzGtwY4FqAkQFJ>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:14:38 -0000

Rob -

> I know what you mean. Going to Tentacles really dealt a siezmic blow
> to my natural British anti German prejudice!

Exactly. The hospitality and continued friendship shown by Fabian and many other Germans I have met at Tentacles was incredible - heck, fantastiche even. The very least I can do to show my appreciation is to root for Germany in the World Cup (especially since my team went down in ignoble defeat). And Fabian even got me a flag!

> For example, stranded in the main town down from the castle, pouring
> with rain I tried to get a cab but alas no where was open. I knocked
> on a door I was told might do a cab service and the lovely lady, who
> didn't really speak english saw my plight and drove me up to the
> castle anyway! What a gal! And what about Fabien and the crew -
> great! :^)

My point exactly.:)

Jeff