Re: Vinga the War-Wench and the Duck Pleasurelords of GlORantha

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_-BDo_IbTTb_s50BvE1fFVRrkeKNEtxiKAO1p3ancum7GBnFL4KuVrU5uiemzL>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:16:26 +0100 (BST)

> Apologies, I just wanted to write "War-Wench".

An understandable desire.

> Bravo, John, cobber.

Seconded.

> I think you should have homoerotic interracial
> stories about Hueymakti ducks and Humakti.

I'll leave that to you. Sorry, but interracial relations do nothing for me.

> Humakt is a god who's so very, very... in the
> closet. And many of his fans like him in a way that
> is more than a
> little worrying. Even more so than duck-fans.

Despite a liking for Humakt, ducks, and HUmakti ducks - sorry. Still nothing. Over to you.

> Though, as any Lunar mythographer will tell you, the
> whole Vinga/spear
> schtick is just a shallow motif for penis-envy in
> the Orlanthi female,

I've never understood where the whole Vinga/spear idea came from anyway, it seems daft to me. She's a warrior, not a stick-picker, she uses a sword, not a pointy stick. Or anything else that comes to hand of course, "adaptable" is definitely the way she works.