Re:Turtle's Head.

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_JtIRXyOqRVy5MdM5gci0AmmOnUNDKM-B_MkdyVVPIhaHO-zxzgogJjuMmLRhvkj>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:34:04 -0800 (PST)

     No arguments about the probable quality of what you've tried. Actually, since cheddar to the U.K. is coals to Newcastle, I'm surprised you've got any at all. What brands have you seen? Black Diamond? Also, from what little I know of Sainsbury's, I don't think they're a top-level store.

     Out of the 120,000 tons of the stuff we make, only 5,000 are exported. That's still a lot of cheddar, but I'm pretty sure almost all of that is industrial or big-brand.

     There are some truly good cheeses made locally. It's the usual problem; the best stays at home. E.g., we haven't a hope of getting most of the lovely local Rhine wines that we've had in Germany (much less apfelwein), even though the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario), whatever its faults, is the biggest wine importing firm in the world (provincial near-monopoly - legacy of Prohibition).

Alison

Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL