AW: Re:Turtle's Head.

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at__kl16yflNf10vawFS8PeDiBonYXgf8dLyG_T6cEyGx0s-rL-OkJIxkBbZ0zRZ0GhxdnwH>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:01:36 +0100

Tex Mex was a bit in fashion here. We can get good chips and acceptable salsa. Not so unknown here (Berlin). There's a San Franciscan Burrito place here, aside from the German-run Mexican theme places, and there's a real Mexican place too, not tex mex. Anyway, if you wanna wake up the Europeans you gotta come up with more than that. Mind you, not much more than that, but more. I plan on bringing some things.

It is fun to watch your bag of chips expand during climbing to altitude, but they aren't so rare as to be worth bringing them. Some classy Habanero salsa would be good tho.

Daniel

Von: ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com [mailto:ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com] Im Auftrag von Jeff Richard

> The suggestion at Saturday night's game was to pack lots of tortilla
chips and salsa, so as to introduce the benighted Europeans to the glory of Tex-Mex. The problem is that tortilla chips and airline luggage really don't go together very well. There were many suggestions concerning Tupperware, but that seems too much like work to me.

Tex-Mex is largely unknown in Europe. I recently introduced a friend to the charms of home-made burritos, but Europe hasn't even climbed to the Taco Time level of development, let alone good Tex-Mex or Californian cuisine.

Jeff