Re: Turtle's Headcheese

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_YvBPNxYdUNCFWccblaGyo3cRi1sXT8a3ty5-f7XbuuDrCAao089DmFyYUVk4EK6>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:59:55 -0800 (PST)

Chris Lemens:
> > > Nope. Fancy-schmancy yuppie-elitist snob places
> > > like HEB Central Market in central Texas.

Alison:
> > How hoity-toity. Prices to match, I'm sure.

> Yeah. Being a hoity-toity fancy-schmancy
> yuppie-elitist snob, I once bought three small
pieces
> of cheese at such a place for about $25. (That's
> not much to ye overpriced Europeans at the moment,
> but I could have eaten two meals at my favorite
> Tex-Mex places for that.) I liked the one that had
Guinness in it.
> Chris

     Well, the Guinness sounds good. There's all sorts of stuff going into or on cheese now. My favourite cheese factory now makes garlic curds (but only for the weekends). Their best cheddar goes for about $20/lb.

     So how come you get to be a hoity-toity yuppie-elitist? I thought that was forbidden under the American Constitution.

Alison

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.