Re: Re: Bull-Turtle's-Head.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at__3qmyiR3OtY-w1zgTtLyt7TYkDFWpXU9rhutSVFAFCON7SbOo6Kql0dRtf7Wy>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:40:21 +0000 (GMT)

> Alison:
> > Well, the Brits only scorched the White House.
> (It was painted white to hide those marks.)
>
> Er, no. It was built of sandstone. You managed to
> burn everything down the to sandstone. So, no roof,
> no interior walls, etc. Just a shell. It took 3
> years to rebuild.

Yes, that sounds like "scorched" to me.

I thought it was the Canadians, rather than us, though. My knowledge of Canadian and American history is admittedly vague, but I know I saw a list of "ten reason to be Canadian" (there were lisst for lots of countries), and items 1,3,5,7,9,and 11 out of 10 were "only country ever to invade the USA and burn their capital to the ground".

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk