Re: Bull-Turtle's-Head.

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_UVAnI-AcjublxaVfQZJ5UXa-Xq0BBx4Mfr4j_xiP5lwh3R6WhSI3M-4aG6TL_pyNhEsy>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:34:39 -0000

> And your allies, of course. And... no, it was the time
> before when you went for vehicles marked with big red
> crosses on a white background. I suppose "if it moves,
> shoot it" has the advantage of elegant simplicity.

You mean like in WWII when the British submarine HMS Triton sank another British submarine, HMS Oxley, mistaking it for a German U-boat and received no responses to challenges? Or in 1942, when the British destroyer HMS St Albans sunk an allied submarine ORP Jastrz&#261;b? Or in 1944 when a British flotilla was attacked by RAF Hawker Typhoons off the coast of Le Havre and sanking two ships? Or at the Suez Canal in 1956 when the Royal Navy attacked the British Army's HQ? Or how about during the Falklands when two companies from the 3rd Battalion of the British Army engaged each other in an hour-long firefight involving heavy weapons and artillery strikes.

Don't bitch abut the US being particularly prone to friendly fire in war. It happens to every military and in every conflict. Heck at Waterloo, Blucher ordered the Prussian artillery to attack the British (he thought they were French). The British took losses and returned fire.

Jeff