The Truth about Michelle

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_nPn3IACGZk9mifHp-tElJriDY7Y7X0aZI2V7TVBixh2a9-BS6iKx4CCZO5A7DoCj>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:06:22 +1100

>Daniel:

>We've seen her twice, in Hamburg and here, in a tiny place with only around
>80 people. Very close. She's a great performer.

Yeah, that would be perfect. I've caught her live just the once, in Sydney, a fairly restrained theatre concert, hardly 'texas campfire tapes'.

Michelle is certainly an eclectic musician. Albums like 'Captain Swing' don't work for me, but 'Short Sharp Shocked' and 'Arkansas Traveller' are pure joy. I really should catch up on her recent work.

Cheers

John

John Hughes
Publications Editor
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research College of Arts and Social Sciences
Hanna Neumann Building #21
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 0649
F: +61 2 6125 9730
W: www.anu.edu.au/caepr

CRICOS Provider #00120C

The CAEPR website has a large and growing electronic library of publications available
for free download, including Discussion Papers, Working Papers, Monographs and Topical Issues.