Re: Re: Welcome back Boaty

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_LhVwctkTY57Ed0PMUxV-dbhmI0RxT9U-uCIFVOSXYjuNuoAIUS38SXpHjKHWXad8>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:41:30 +0000 (GMT)

Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_2zevBuwqM58XigLBf59ZOitHcdASS7oOYvI914K1ajukT17ZpFOocQJTrfbTJ50u_rm4IxXbcw-Jr5Lper0UoEeR.yahoo.invalid> wrote:   "Mrs Janaway said the animal would not survive in the wild." Oh yeah? Think how much paddle-power he would have.

  Meanwhile, over here, a grandad rescued his grandson from a boa constrictor (about 3m by the look of it). The snake had bitten the boy's shoulder and was squeezing him; grandad beat on the snake with a rock until someone arrived with a knife. So, on the telly, we have a biologist (I hang my head in shame) saying, "You really think it was trying to eat your grandson?"   Grandad, "Yes"
  Biologist, "It wasn't trying to eat your grandson, it mistook him for prey"   Grandad, "No, it was trying to eat him"   Biologist, "No, it thought he was prey"

  And so on.