Re: Fantastic Fascist Fantasy

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_fHrqHZ199JHkrty0u5q9cQFB4sryDiaM4ToEJv1Dsrp8nrRM8ifqAiDc6npXC>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:43:57 +0000 (GMT)

> The rp game's role is to introduce fascist values
> (loyalty, cruelty,
> racism, 'purity', lack of choice, mythic heroism,
> disregard for death)
> with positive feedback, and to subtly invoke the
> symbols of nazi
> mysticism centred on the Invisible Sun. Basically,
> the game is a
> recruitment tool for the uber-cons.

> I'd like the session to evoke that through the
> mini-plot. Basically, I
> guess I'm asking for ideas: what was the best
> session you've ever played
> using similar genre and character types, and what
> sort of simple
> mini-scenario can I spring?

What immediately springs to mind is the Char-Un game Neil Smith produced at Continuum. "Biting the Hand". I'm not sure how well it matches, once the gut kick of recognition is past, but it was intense, and certainly used all the values you mention. It also ended up with every single PC dead at each others hands....

Char-Un aren't Germanic? Well, true. But I'm sure you can swap window-dressing around.
The basic concept was a chief with two sons - which one's going to be chief after his death? There was some weird foreign religion offering power, too, but you don't want to trust *them*. (I'm fairly sure the Lunar missionary priestess ended up dead, too.)

Take a look. I'm not sure why it's kicking me as being "right", when closer analysis says it isn't, but maybe you'll figure it out.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk