Artillery

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_G2naRgHtxbt2sqCUw0ImCNMH7qSvukbKNRMJD31xpnph_oIDpBnCNpmcxMEfa>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:42:58 +0100 (BST)

> > I was wondering, to be perfectly honest, if
> Napoleon
> > knew how to hold a gun or a sword.
>
> Probably not. He was an artillery man. Which is
> clearly sorcery.

Can't be. I'm artillery, and I'm Orlanthi. Then again, maybe schizophrenia has a lot to answer for?

BTW, going rabidly off-topic even for THIS list, I now know that bronze cannon are nicer than iron ones. I've been playing with a lovely little cast bronze mountain howitzer over the weekend. The sound is far nicer than the iron ones, almost sweet. Still 150 decibels and rising, but much nicer to listen to and doesn't hurt your ears. And some of you may have heard it - apparently "Cold Mountain" was turned into a film, the film contains cannon in the sound track. The cannon in question were all the bronze one I've been using.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/